SARASOTA, Fla. (Jan. 07, 2020) – The University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee will host a variety of unique events that are open to the public in early 2020. Among them:
- Nursing Skills Lab Open House and Ribbon-cutting, Jan. 15, 5:15 p.m. – Join us as we proudly open the new Nursing Skills Lab on the USFSM campus, 8350 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, as part of the launch of our Accelerated Second Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Program. Click here to learn more and RSVP.
- Diversity Lecture Series featuring former U.S. Ambassador Eric S. Rubin, Jan. 16, 5:30 p.m. – Don’t miss a unique opportunity to hear from one of the world’s leading foreign policy experts when Eric S. Rubin, the former U.S. Ambassador to Bulgaria, kicks off USF Sarasota-Manatee’s Diversity Lecture Series. Click here to learn more and RSVP.
- Biology Open House, Jan. 18, 10 a.m. – Students who are considering majoring in biology and interested in careers in medicine, research and more have an opportunity to learn about USFSM’s biology and chemistry programs. This event will be hosted at USFSM’s teaching labs at Mote Marine Laboratory and features biology and chemistry presentations, a faculty meet-and-greet, and admissions/financial aid information. Click here to learn more and RSVP.
- FinTech 2020 Conference, Jan. 24 (all day) – USFSM and Northwestern Mutual are proud to present FinTech 2020: Financial Services and the New Digital Economy, where CEOs, business executives, digital marketers, investors and innovators will hear experts provide wide-ranging perspectives on how cutting-edge technologies are re-shaping the digital economy. Click here to learn more and register.
- Fourth Annual Financial Literacy: Understanding Global Markets and Finance, Feb. 14, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Loretta J. Mester, PhD, president and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, will lead a distinguished lineup of speakers at the Fourth Annual Financial Literacy Day: Understanding Global Markets and Finance. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn more about financial markets and economic issues and to pose questions to experts. Click here to learn more and register.
- Drone TETRA 2020 Conference, Feb. 21 – Drone Technologies, Education, Training, Research and Applications (TETRA) explores drone technology’s rapidly growing role in recreation, agriculture, utility inspections, public safety, surveying, mapping, cinema, photography and national defense and security. Join industry experts to discuss drone use in educational, commercial and recreational settings. Click here to learn more and register.
- Prospective Student Open House, Feb. 22, 9 a.m. – Experience student life at USF Sarasota-Manatee, meet your future professors and classmates, explore our programs and learn the answers to all your admissions and financial aid questions. Open to high school students, transfer students, and their families. Click here to register.
– SAVE THE DATE –
- Duvall Family Studies Conference, Feb. 29 – The 2020 Duvall Family Studies Conference – “Hidden Heroes: Helping Helpers Get from Empty to Plenty,” featuring noted author Wally Lamb – will be held Feb. 29 at USF Sarasota-Manatee’s Selby Auditorium. Click here to learn more or contact Jane Roberts, PhD, at email@example.com or 941-359-4604.
- HospitaBull 2020, March 24, 6 p.m. – This elegant dining event is planned, organized, prepared and served by USFSM students and faculty, along with staff from the Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, 111 Ritz-Carlton Drive. Proceeds support student scholarships, faculty development and equipment purchases for the College of Hospitality & Tourism Leadership. Click here to learn more.
For more about USF Sarasota-Manatee, visit www.usfsm.edu.